Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tryin' to beat jetlag...

They say the best way to acclimate to a new time zone is to stay awake while the sun shines and get good and tired through physical exhertion to sleep well at night. We honored that advice and learned a little bit about Hungary while we split up and saw as much of Budapest as we could in a day! Camp Orientation begins tomorrow and this could very well be the only chance we had for some siteseeing and souvinir shopping so we pounded the streets and did our part to help the local economy. I'll let the photos tell the story...

Alex and Meredith on a city bus tour
David enjoyed the view from the Citadel

Lawrence got this lovely photo of the Szecheny bath house before being soundly scolded by a staff member for bringing a camera

Aidan and Ricky pose in front of their lunch restaurant choice.


Jeff, Matt, Shane and Lawrence wait for their food


Elisabeth and missionary/camp director, Dan, on the tram ride home


Eatin' supper on the Searls' patio

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I write tonight, I'm trusting you are all sleeping soundly in preparation for another big day tomorrow. We continue to follow you with our prayers.

The sights of the city are lovely.

We are happy Ellie had a good day!

hannah vanorman said...

love new pitures of you and the team how is ellie are you do fine I am going to have lunch with grandpavan and mailyan for luch love hannah

bug seth tua pip said...

It looks hot!? I hope everyone enjoyed the bathhouse and sightseeing...I'm jealous :) Thanks for keeping us updated!

Where, When, What?

We are ministering in Hungary, June 24-July 9! We have met our host missionary team and other visiting camp staff that we will be working with to facilitate an evangelistic English Camp. It will serve Hungarian folks ages 6 and up who want to learn and practice the English language with native English speakers (us)! Prior to arriving in Hungary we met once a week to train for our camp responsibilities which will include planning workshops, morning/evening program components, and recreation time competitions. Thank you for your interest in this ministry!

Current Time in Hungary

Our Blog Readers

Prayer Requests

Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. (Ephesians 6:19 & 20)

Friday afternoon Ricky will be sharing his testimony. Please pray for him!